Shares for 2013 are closed – please join us in 2014.
This year’s pickups will be:
Amherst area pick up location
Shares will be distributed at Pioneer Valley Cohousing in North Amherst on Saturday December 14th from 10 am – 2 pm. Each member picks up their entire share on either date. Please make sure you or someone you know can pick up your share before signing up. Pioneer Valley Cohousing is located at 120 Pulpit Hill Road, Amherst, MA.
Boston area pick up location
A full 2013 share ($380) is two bushels (about 115lbs), made up of 8-10 different locally grown organic grain crops.
A half share ($230) is half of the above
Below is a list of crops being grown this year. (Each year 80%+ of the crops come in but success varies by season.)
Planted for this year so far…
- Red Lammas Wheat (heirloom)
- Arapaho Wheat
- Nothstine Dent Corn
- Plymouth Flint Corn
- Mandan Bride Corn
- Black Turtle Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Arikara Beans (heirloom)
- Heritage Spelt
- Emmer (Known as Farro in Italy)
Unmilled grains should be stored in a cool, dry place to avoid spoilage. We recommend plastic bins or glass jars with loose lids to allow air in.
- Grains are unmilled for keeping quality
- Milling is available 7 days a week Wheatberry Bakery or Waltham Fields Community Farm.
- or a home sized mills can be used and cost between $50 and $200. Click here for a list of recommended home mills
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org